Maintain and update accurate records and reporting for 1 (YAK) Television-related activities, including accounts payable review and journal entry preparation, general ledger processing, and tracking and reporting of revenues and expenses. Provide regular monthly financial reports for the president, CEO & CFO. Prepare quarterly reports for the board of Yak Television.
1. Must have minimum five (5) years working experience in a TV channel.
2. Prepare 1 TV annual budget.
3. Maintain banking and customer relationships and manage cash flow requirements.
4. Manage payroll for staff; file required and payroll tax deposits and statements and maintain payroll records and employee contracts.
5. Maintain insurance relationships and policies.
6. File other required regulatory filings.
7. Assist the CFO/Finance Director in serving as liaison to independent auditors of Yak Television financial activity.
8. Work with development managers and Executive Director to maintain sound financial procedures and internal controls for cash handling in variety of development activities including Special Events. Serve as onsite supervisor for cash handling for major fundraising events and concerts and assist Yak TV CFO with event reconciliations.
9. Responsible for communication to the Yak Television Board of Directors through regular reporting to the Finance Committee. This person will prepare statements and minutes and inform the agenda of quarterly Finance Committee meetings. In addition, the person will be a resource for informing the board on maintaining up to date financial procedures and response to regulatory requirements.
10. Provide customized analysis and monthly reports of budget, revenue and expenditures and projections to the the CEO & President in areas such as Special Events, Corporate Development, Planned Giving etc. Work with the development managers to accomplish these tasks.
11. Supervise cashier, finance officer and an accountant.
12. Perform other administrative and support duties as assigned.
Knowledgeable with principals of accounting
Ability to input, use and extract information and reports from accounting software
Ability and comfort using various computer programs, including web applications
Ability to create and maintain sound and accurate administrative and financial records and reports
Analysis and planning skills to provide reports in a timely and efficient manner
Personal interactions with board members, clients and internal contacts on the telephone and in person that display sensitivity and poise
Written communications that are accurate, concise and clear
Ability and demonstrated desire to complete records, financial reports and other projects in an accurate and timely fashion
Hours are flexible but this person must be available for key meetings and events that will include occasional evenings, weekends or early morning meetings
Position requires a bachelors degree; Business, Accounting or related field preferred.
Must have minimum five (5) years working experience in a TV channel.
- Must have Five years in accounting or financial administration in any Television Channel.
- Experience must include written, analytic and interpersonal communication responsibility in professional work environment and computer/database knowledge.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in a team setting; collaboration skills that actively support a productive, respectful work environment.